2020 Grand Prix and 30/30
This event is a little different than previous years as we're replaced the canceled 30/30 from March and offering everyone new opportunities to earn more Grand Prix points. The contest takes place for 30 days - May 14 through June 14. Swimmers sign below and earn points for activities such as exercising regularly, connecting with each other via phone or Zoom, putting together funny videos, doing yoga, volunteering at approved events, and more.
We want people to not only get out and be active but also share their activities, get their friends and family involved, and connect with other teammates as well. All activities will be assigned a score, and competitors can repeat or vary their choices through the month.
Here is the point system -
- 30-44 minutes (walk/run/bike/dryland/yoga/open water): 10 points
- 45-59 minutes (walk/run/bike/dryland/yoga/open water): 15 points
- 60+ minutes (walk/run/bike/dryland/yoga/open water): 20 points
- Make a fun swim-related video and post to the DAM Facebook page: 10 points
- Call (not text, email, or message) to see how a teammate is doing: 5 points
- Be on a ZOOM call with at least 2 other DAM members: 10 points
- Volunteer at an approved (contact Stu or Mary) community event: 15 points
- Complete six different out of the above seven options: 20 points
- Exercise daily for 30 days: 30 points