End-of-Summer Reservation ChangesWe're ready to implement a small-scale swim reservation exchange that will take place on Monday, August 24. If you're in need of switching your swim reservation due to pressing work or family matters, we're here for you.
This is how it will work.
If your swim schedule is flexible and you can help someone else switch to your current time, then you are a DONOR.
If your schedule needs to change and you're looking for a different swim slot, then you are a RECIPIENT.
Using the following details, send an email to Coach Mary (firstname.lastname@example.org), listing your subject line as either DONOR or RECIPIENT. Please submit by Sunday, August 2. New swim assignments will be distributed one week later on Sunday, August 9.
- Days of the week combinations are:
- Mon & Thur
- Tue & Fri
- Wed & Sat (Sat will be further divided into early (7 & 8am), middle (9 & 10am) and late (11am and 12pm)
- Your selections will use our traditional 60 minute swim slots: the normal workout times of 6, 7, 10, 11am, 12, 1, 6:15 and 7:15pm.
- From your selections you will be assigned to either of the first 30 or second 30 minutes of your chosen hour.
- Pools are either Arroyo (6-7am only) or Civic
First of all, please know that the coaches and Board members are united in the same vision of getting back in the water as much as possible and returning to normal as soon as possible.
For the time being, though, we are restricted by and obligated to the protocols and guidelines set forth by the City, County and State. One of the more relevant constraints concerns the steps DAM took back in late May in obtaining permission for our 65+ members to be allowed to participate. One of the cornerstones of that agreement was our promise to create a definitive contact tracking process by assigning mandatory and unchangeable swim lanes. Currently, every lane at every swim session is assigned to a dues paying member.
As much as we dislike the sight of empty lanes during any DAM session, we do have a COVID19 contact tracking policy and, until the above restrictions are loosened or removed, we will continue to abide by it.